
On Saturday, I went to see New Kids on the Block in concert!
So, here's the story. In my teenage years the only ones to get a poster in my room besides George Michael was New Kids on the Block and Donnie Wahlberg. In 1989, they were performing at Kristen's Grad Night at Walt Disney World. I wanted her to take me, but she took her boyfriend, Woody, instead. I've held a grudge for the past 19 years. When they announced their tour earlier this year, I told her she OWED me a ticket! Dammit. Since the concert was 2 days before my birthday, she took me as my birthday present! It was awesome. My two best friends, Christi and Dawn, also went and we had a great time. When they opened the show and started singing "My Favorite Girl" I felt like I was 15 years old again! Kind of weird since I turn 34 today!
So, here's the story. In my teenage years the only ones to get a poster in my room besides George Michael was New Kids on the Block and Donnie Wahlberg. In 1989, they were performing at Kristen's Grad Night at Walt Disney World. I wanted her to take me, but she took her boyfriend, Woody, instead. I've held a grudge for the past 19 years. When they announced their tour earlier this year, I told her she OWED me a ticket! Dammit. Since the concert was 2 days before my birthday, she took me as my birthday present! It was awesome. My two best friends, Christi and Dawn, also went and we had a great time. When they opened the show and started singing "My Favorite Girl" I felt like I was 15 years old again! Kind of weird since I turn 34 today!

No comments:
Post a Comment