
Hello Everyone!
Claire is doing a few more new things these days. Most notably, she started drinking from a straw. She just needed a little motivation in the form of a Caribbean Way smoothie from Smoothie King! It was a good drink to learn with because it is nice and thick and didn't come up the straw too fast and surprise her. Plus, she didn't mind working hard to get it up the straw because she LOVES smoothies! She also had a "kinda" milestone. We think she said "No more". After dinner one night I was cleaning up and she was trying to get her tray off so she could get out of her high chair and I said "Are you all done?", and she said "No more". I told Chadd, "I think she just said 'no more'!" Then two days later my Mom was telling Kristen over the phone what I thought she said and she said it again, my Mom and Kristen both heard her. However, she hasn't said it since then! I think her talking days are just around the corner. She definitely understands everything we tell her.
Our other project recently has been Claire's playroom. I got my office all cleaned out and her play mat and toys in there, but her current decor is Jimmie Johnson and George Michael. I love it, but I'm working on getting her something a little more age appropriate. :) Today we bought pretty green paint and some new toy storage, and soon it will all be transformed into what we are going to call "Claire's Clubhouse", because the decor is going to be based on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
The sad news of the day is that Claire cracked her head on a mirror in Gym class today! Well, she actually turned her head and hit her ear pretty good. She fell off a mat and I felt terrible, but she recovered pretty quickly. Guess I better get those ice packs in the freezer and ready to go! Our little jungle girl is climbing on everything!

1 comment:
Hello!? Hello!? Is anyone there?
Post a Comment